Saturday 13 August 2011
Surprising expressions are commonly related to disbelieve and interest expression. Native speakers of English often use short interrogatives in speech as a way to express attention, interest, or surprise. Below is the sample


"The party was terrible."

"Was it?"

"Yes, I had a horrible time! There was no music!"





"Gina had a nice vacation."

"Did she?"

"Yes, she went to the Galapagos Islands."



"I've seen that movie five times already."

"Have you?"

"Yes, with my sister. She loves Harrison Ford."



"I don't understand the assignment."

"Don't you? Here, let me explain..."



Beside the short interrogative speech, some expressions are used to talk about surprised feeling. Here are the samples:



Really?

That’s very surprising.

What a surprise!

My goodness

I find that very surprising.

I must say it surprises me.

I find it extraordinary.

Indeed?

How very surprising.

I must say it surprises me.



This expressions of surprise in English are partly taken from:

srilestari3101.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/expressing-surprise-and-disbelief/

english-at-cec.blogspot.com/2007/06/expressing-surprise-and-interest.html

You can read also about “ Cara mengundang seseorang dalam bahasa inggris” or “Contoh text narrative singkat” or “Contoh text argumentative” and “Contoh reading text bahasa inggris” Thank for yor attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Kategory

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

List Articles

Loading...

Blog Archive