Sunday 14 August 2011
Making Suggestion and Advice. What phrases and typical situation are used to make suggestion and advice? The following phrases are useful expression for making suggestion and advice:

I think you should . . .

I don’t think you should . . .

Why don’t you . . .

Why don’t we . . .

Let’s . . .

Why don't we go to the movies tonight?

You could visit New York while you're there.

Let's go to the travel agent's this afternoon to book our ticket.

What about asking your brother for help?

How about going to Hawaii for your vacation?

I suggest we take all the factors into consideration before we decide.



The above phrases for making suggestion and advice can be applied in the following short speaking situation

Man: I think you should buy the blue one.

Woman: That’s a good idea.



Man: I don’t think you should sell your car.

Woman: Thanks for the advice, but I really need the money.



Man: Let’s go bowling tonight.

Woman: Sorry, I can’t. I’m meeting a friend for dinner.



Man: Why don’t we go skiing on Saturday?

Woman: Sounds like a good idea. Where do you want to go?



Man: Why don’t you come with me to China?

Woman: Thanks, but I’ve already been there.



This speaking situation for making suggestion and advice is arranged from:

letspeakenglish.info/2010/06/01/making-suggestions-memberikan-saran/

esl.about.com/od/grammarstructures/a/f_suggestions.htm

You can read also about “ Cara mengundang seseorang dalam bahasa inggris” or “Contoh text narrative singkat” or “Contoh text argumentative” and “Contoh reading text bahasa inggris” Thank for yor attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Kategory

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

List Articles

Loading...

Blog Archive