Wednesday 23 March 2011
Expressions of Agree and Disagree
The following expressions are commonly used to say agreement and disagreement.
Agree
I agree with you.
You are right.
Oh, that’s interesting.
You have a good point.
I think you might be right about that.

Disagree
I see. However, …
I don’t agree with you.
My point of view differs from yours.
I think we are looking at this the same way.
I think our perspectives are different.
In my point of view…
I see your point of view, but…
I don’t see your point of view.
I think you might be wrong.

In English conversations, we often say that we agree or disagree with each other. There are many ways of to express agreement or disagreement and the one we use depends on how strong we agree or disagree.
Here's a list of some common expressions. Agreeing in English
"I think you're right."
"I agree with you."

Strong agreement
"I couldn't agree with you more."
"You're absolutely right."
"I agree entirely."
"I totally agree."

Partly agreeing
"I agree with you up to a point, but…"
"That's quite true, but…"
"I agree with you in principle, but…"

Disagreeing
"I'm not sure I agree with you."
"(I'm afraid) I don't agree."
"(I'm afraid) I disagree."
"(I'm afraid) I can't agree with you."
"(I'm afraid) I don't share your opinion."
Note When you disagree with someone in English, you can often sound more politeby using a phrase such as: "I'm afraid…"

Disagreeing strongly
"I don't agree at all."
"I totally disagree."
"I couldn't agree with you less."

These expressions of agree and diagree istaken from:
www.english-at-home.com/speaking/agreeing-in-english
www.allenglish.org/Activities/activities-agreedisagreeidentifyanswers.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Kategory

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

List Articles

Loading...

Blog Archive